It is all over the social media celebrating an Indian born taking over as the new CEO of Alphabet Inc. making him the CEO of both Google LLC and Alphabet Inc.
Alphabet Inc. came into existence on October 2,2015 after the corporate restructuring of Google.
The founders of Google Larry Page and Sergey Brin became the CEO and president of Alphabet Inc and on October 24th Sundar Pichai became the CEO of Google LLC now a subsidiary of Alphabet Inc.
- Born on June 10th,1972 (age 47)
- Attended the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur) and pursued Metallurgical Engineering.
- Attended Stanford University and did his M.S. in Material Science and engineering
- Did MBA from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Worked in Engineering at Applied Materials Inc. which supplies equipment, software and services to the semiconductor chip manufacturers, flat panel displays to computers and smartphones and solar products.
- After His MBA joined McKinsey & Company.
- In 2004 joined google as product manager for the google toolbar
- Pitched the idea of chrome and got rejected due to being a too expensive project. Later he convinced to stakeholders to build the Chrome browser which changes the landscape of how people access the internet.
- Chrome is now the most popular browser and the most popular search engine as its address bar is itslef the google search engine.
- After Google Chrome, ChromeOS for laptops and chromecast for smart TVs were launched.
- Took over the management of android after Andy Rubin.
- Created Android One a lightweight version of android to cater to the next 5 billion users from India.
- Offered a top product job at Twitter .
- Suggested as a contender for Microsoft CEO in 2014.
- Became CEO of Google in 2015 after Larry Page stepped down to became the CEO of Alphabet Inc.
- Became CEO of Alphabet Inc. and Google LLC..
I’m excited about Alphabet’s long term focus on tackling big challenges through technology. Thanks to Larry & Sergey, we have a timeless mission, enduring values and a culture of collaboration & exploration – a strong foundation we’ll continue to build on https://t.co/tSVsaj4FsR— Sundar Pichai (@sundarpichai) December 4, 2019
- Awarded 273,328 shares of Alphabet Inc.worth $199 million making him the owner of total $650 million.