Top upgrades made in Raspberry Pi 4.
The most awaited mini-computer a.k.a development board for makers and professionals has finally launched. Yes, correct, The RASPBERRY PI 4.
After the huge success of Raspberry Pi 3B+ which comprises 30% of the total sale of raspberry pies. The company has launched the successor of raspberry pi 3B+, the new upgrades make Raspberry 4 powerful and faster than any raspberry version currently in the market.
The designers have designed Raspberry Pi 4 with the latest tech to increase the throughput of the board.
What’s New? Comparing RPi 4 vs RPI3B+
Processor : Faster
- Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz vs Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
RAM: Bigger and Faster
- 3 individual varient 1GB ,2GB, 4GB LPDDR4-2400 vs 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
Wifi: Dual Band, Faster
- 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless vs 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN
Bluetooth: Faster and Low Power
- Bluetooth 5.0, BLE vs Bluetooth 4.2
- Gigabit Ethernet vs Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 USB 3.0 ports; 2 USB 2.0 ports. vs 4 USB 2.0 ports
Graphics: 4k resolution
- OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics
Display Support: 2 independent HDMI port
- 2 × micro-HDMI ports (up to 4kp60 supported) H.265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode) vs Full-size HDMI
Audio Support: 3.5 mm
- 4-pole stereo output and composite video port
- 5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A*) & 5V DC via GPIO header (minimum 3A*) Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled
Camera: Pi camera
- 2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
Display Support: LCD DSI port
- 2-lane MIPI DSI display port
- Single Slot MicroSD for Loading operating system